12 Reasons Your Company Needs a Corporate Screensaver
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Screensavers may have lost their original purpose, but they still offer numerous useful benefits. In fact, in my opinion, the corporate screensaver is one of the most suitable tools to improve internal communication! Not convinced? Here are twelve good reasons why your company should have a corporate screensaver:
Table of contents
- 1. Corporate screensavers reach your employees effectively
- 2. It is a cost-effective communication tool
- 3. It combats email overload
- 4. It makes (boring) messages more engaging
- 5. It saves you time, money, and effort
- 6. It helps employees remember messages better
- 7. It puts inactive computers to work
- 8. It is easy to manage
- 9. It can function as a digital guide
- 10. It encourages social interaction
- 11. It sends messages to the right audience
- 12. It is an effective warning tool
1. Corporate screensavers reach your employees effectively
They inform employees where they spend the majority of their workday: at their desks.
2. It is a cost-effective communication tool
There’s no need to invest a lot of money in expensive communication tools. Save costs by utilizing your existing IT infrastructure. Use each PC to successfully convey company news.
3. It combats email overload
Screensaver messages are a great tool to make employees aware of internal communication without disturbing them or inundating their inbox with unnecessary emails.
4. It makes (boring) messages more engaging
Don’t bore your staff with dull-looking messages. Corporate screensavers, customized to your own branding, capture employees’ attention with photos, videos, and even flash animations.
5. It saves you time, money, and effort
Save time, money, and effort by extracting existing information from external sources, news sites, SharePoint, or social media. You can automatically display this content on your interactive screensaver.
6. It helps employees remember messages better
Continuous repetition of screensaver messages ensures that employees not only see but also remember company news and important information.
7. It puts inactive computers to work
In your organization, there are likely hundreds or even thousands of computers running that are not being used most of the time. Put these inactive computers to work by displaying important messages on every computer screen.
8. It is easy to manage
Screensavers are very easy to manage and update. Even employees without technical knowledge can create and publish messages to every workstation from a central point.
9. It can function as a digital guide
Hyperlinks in screensaver messages direct your employees with one click to information on the intranet or SharePoint. This ensures that these platforms are used more frequently.
10. It encourages social interaction
Screensaver messages are equipped with like, comment, and share functions. This provides your staff with a way to share their opinions, and you can easily engage with your employees.
11. It sends messages to the right audience
Display specific content only to the target audience it is intended for. Screensaver messages can be targeted to individuals, specific groups, departments, multiple locations, or the entire organization. This way, only the target audience sees information relevant to them.
12. It is an effective warning tool
In the event of a disaster or emergency, employees immediately receive a warning message on their PC screens. These warning messages overlay any other application, ensuring they are not missed.